Threepeat WAC Regular Season Champions!

Last night the Utah State Aggies finished out the regular season and capped off their third straight WAC Regular Season Championship with an impressive 81-63 win over New Mexico State.


The crowd rushed the court, the nets were cut down, Coach Stew riled everyone up by saying "we should be in!" the NCAA Tournament.

It was truly a memorable night, as all senior nights should be. It was probably the last time I'll ever see Jared Quayle play live in person. I remember at the start of last year the first time I saw him play, I wrote letters to my friends on missions saying how impressive I thought he was. This afternoon he got his proper honors when he and Tai Wesley were named to the All-WAC First Team.


But the season isn't over. Thursday the team heads to Reno to play Boise State in the WAC Tournament, hopefully to remind them to stick to football. Most likely we will then be matched up with a dangerous Louisiana Tech team in the semi-final followed by Nevada in the championship game. But I, I believe that we will win them all and be no doubt headed to the NCAA Tournament.

Comments

Popular Posts