2015 Tournament Schedule and Goals

2015 State Am Qualifier- Wingpointe
Tournament Schedule and Recap
May
Southeast Idaho Amateur- Riverside Golf Course, Pocatello, ID May 2-3
79-83=162
I hit the ball well both days of the tournament but chipping and putting seemed to be a challenge on Riverside's mound greens. Only one birdie was carded over the 36 holes. My driver got away from me a little bit on the back nine on Sunday and led to a quadruple-bogey 9 on the par 5, 18th with two O.B.'s. I was tied for third in the first flight after Saturday's round and was in the last group on Sunday, matched with eventual flight winner Marty Ferhinger who shot 74-70 for an even par 144.

Salt Lake City Amateur- Wingpointe Golf Course, Salt Lake City, UT May 30-31
76-73=149 2nd Place in the 1st Flight, Blue tees

June
State Amateur Qualifying- Wingpointe Golf Course, June 3
80- MC. After starting the round four over after two holes, I was able to birdie 11 and 12 to get back to three over for the round. Unfortunately, I bogeyed five of the six holes coming in and missed the cut by two strokes.

Pepsi / Mama Inez Bestball/Scramble- Highland Golf Course, Pocatello, ID June 6-7
We started the round off fairly average in the scramble portion on Saturday, never getting anything going and ended up with a 2-under 70. On Sunday, I birdied the first three holes(10-12) and we were rolling. We then took team double bogeys on 13 and 14 and are chances were reduced. In the end I finished with five birdies and carded an individual 74 for the day.

Goals
1. Qualify for the State Am
2. Win my flight in a tournament
3. Shoot under par in competitive round

Comments

Popular Posts